Sunday 5 October 2014

Finalised ideas


These are some of the fonts I designed (previous post) but finalised. I chose 5 fonts that I felt both worked well and looked good and spent more time working on the design and even added colour. For the colour I used mostly black like Saul Bass does and used colours that I felt worked well with the genre and theme of the film I will be designing an opening for. Because the film Sweeney Todd is a gory film I thought red would be the most fitting colour as it represents danger and can be made to look like blood that is used a lot in the film.  Out of the final designs my favourite one has to be the one where its Sweeney Todd's face and has no facial features, these are replaced by the name of the film. I think the illustration of the face works well because the hair with the white streak clearly shows who the character is and because its very simple, has no details and is kind of silhouetted fits in with the Saul Bass style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment