Sunday 5 October 2014

Making fonts on Illustrator


Because we would be making the shapes/storyboards/images on Illustrator, I worked on Illustrator to create a range of fonts that suited the Saul Bass style. I found it much easier to create these fonts on Illustrator because when making them by hand i found it hard recreate the block style and found it an unnatural style for me to work in.  I think these range of fonts work with the Saul Bass style much more than the hand drawn ones and think that I was much more successful with these. My favourite font of these designs is the first one (red with black boarder) as I feel it is the font that most represents the Saul Bass style and the sharp lines with the bold and contrasting colours fit the theme of danger and fear which is heavily used in the film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment