Sunday 5 October 2014

Hand drawn fonts


After looking at Saul Bass fonts online and digitally made, I looked at creating some by hand. I feel that this was much easier than finding already made fonts because I could apply the same technique and style Saul Bass uses and could be creative with my designs.    As Saul Bass fonts are usually all made up of straight lines, I decided to create some fonts that looked similar to his style but by allowing myself to use curves. I found using curves much easier and found it worked better when warping them in and around shapes (like the face) but didn't feel the outcomes supported the Saul Bass style as much as they could have. The curved and bubble style, while looking unique and creative, didn't follow the theme of Saul Bass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment